Data protection training for employees
Data protection in the company explained in a simple and concise way, through our online e-learning according to GDPR.
Why conduct a data protection training?
In our data protection training courses, we not only convey the details about data protection, but also the differences and similarities to information security. In line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we educate your employees on the measures they can take to better protect personal data in everyday life, handle, sore and encrypt sensitive data correctly. Also: What consequences can the incorrect handling of personal data have for your company and how can you prevent data breaches?
Data protection by itself is not sexy
Even if you do not like to read it: employees usually find data protection 'dull'. They feel that it is only about laws and paragraphs, conveyed by terms that do not appear in the normal vocabulary of non-lawyers: purpose limitation, special categories of personal data, recticals, data processing agreement, onus of proof or prohibition of tying.
Our participant feedback says something different!
How do our data protection training & data protection e-learning modules work?
The modules of our data protection training can be combined with those of the cyber security training, but also work perfectly well on their own. An annual GDPR training has become mandatory in many companies, but unfortunately, it is not one of the most popular activities. Therefore, we continuously optimize and expand our trainings based on feedback from data protection officers and our customers to provide the best possible and interactive experience.
For example, we have added a new refresher path to our existing course. With this refresher path, GDPR-savvy employees can save time, still brush up on the data protection content and receive a training certificate. In addition, with interactive exercises, typical to and tricky everyday scenarios, and multiple-choice tests, we provide variety and an interactive and durable education about the important content.
Who is the data protection training for?
The number of data breaches is constantly growing, and so is the need for regular data protection training. This applies to both long-time employees (for whom you can offer our refresher paths) and newcomers fresh out of school or university. In addition to the core content of data protection, we optionally also address data protection at home for all remote workers, as well as tips and tricks for more data security in (private) everyday life.
Compile data protection training according to your needs
All topics are modular. The contents of the e-learning on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can also be combined with the contents of the training on cyber security at any time.
You can run the final online training at your company or in our cloud ... or both.
The e-learning content 'Data protection training according to GDPR'
IS-FOX online data protection trainings have been created by data protection consultants and data protection managers for more than 12 years and are continuously optimized and extended with the help of customer feedback.
- Data protection - what is that?
- The difference between data protection and information security
- The EU General data protection regulation (GDPR)
- Personal data
- Special categories of personal data
- Differences to the previous law
- The basic principles of data protection
- Purpose limitation
- Data minimization
- Storage limitation
- The rights of the data subject
- Who is responsible
What structures does the GDPR require
- Order processing according to GDPR
- Technical and organizational measures
- Order processing with service providers
- Data protection in marketing
- Confidentiality of personal data
- Correct handling and storage
- Sharing of personal data
- Dealing with authorities
- Securely exchange and encrypt files
- Helpful measures for the protection of sensitive data
- Company data only on company devices
- Secure handling of personal data in the home office
- Do not use public cloud services
- Web meetings and telephone tips
- Dealing with private data on the Internet
- Personal data minimization
- Privacy settings in apps and social services
- Your rights as a data subject
- What is a data protection incident?
- Real examples of large data breaches
- Measures and correct behavior in an emergency
- Information and reporting obligation
If you also don't have a learning management system for our course content yet, we can offer you our IS-FOX learning management system.
And if you first want to understand what a learning management system is for and why they all speak Scorm, we recommend our know-how article on e-learning fundamentals.